"Practice does not make perfect it makes permanent"
Fitness is the key to prevention and rehabilitation as well as achieving your peak fitness goals. Dr. Liebenson, our founder, has helped numerous elite athletes, including:
- NBA All Stars and Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest
- Team Chiropractor for the Los Angeles Clippers - including Shaun Livingstone, Cuttino Mobley, Zach Randolf, Baron Davis, Ricky Davis, etc. www.nba.com/clippers/
- Indiana Pacers - Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
- Former Utah Jazz and N.B.A. veteran - Howard Eisley
- Boston Celtics - Sam Cassell
- Golden State Warriors - Corey Maggette
- Memphis Grizzlies - Quentin Ross
- Philadelphia 76ers - Elton Brand
- Former Team Chiropractor for the Los Angeles Clippers - including Shaun Livingstone, Cuttino Mobley, Zach Randolf, Baron Davis, Ricky Davis, Elton Brand, etc
- Major League Baseball Player, World Series MVP - Troy Glaus
- Major League Baseball Player, Jayson Werth - Washington Phillies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Werth
- Minor League Baseball Player, Steven Moss - Double AA Milwaukee Brewers
- Consultant, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Major League Baseball Player - Eric Byrnes - Arizona Diamondbacks
- Major League Baseball Player - Chad Tracy - Arizona Diamondbacks
- Major League Baseball Player, Scott Kazmir - California Angels
- Major League Baseball Player, Greg Dobbs - Florida Marlins
- NFL, Seattle Seahawks, Anthony McCoy
- New Orleans Saints, Charles Brown
- Oakland Raiders, Langston Walker
- Philadelphia Eagles, Daniel Te'o Nesheim
- LPGA multiple time U.S. Open champion - Hollis Stacey
- Olympic Gold Medalist - Julia Mancuso
- Snowmobiling champion - Shaun Crapo www.slednews.com/cip/index.cfm/main,81,en,1041,0,0,0,1
- Olympian, a Pan Am Games gold medalist and a Tour de France veteran - Christian van de Velde, Member of the U.S. Postal Service championship Tour de France team - Antonio Cruz
- X-Games and VANS Triple Crown snowboarding champion - Tara Dakidas www.taradakides.com/
- Boca Juniors Argentina Soccer Team - Marc Salomon
- Iron Man Triathlete - Donna Phelan
- Iron Man Triathelete Champion - Scott Walchek
In the modern, functional, sports medicine approach conditioning is viewed alongside injury prevention. The two really go hand and hand. For instance, the NFL recently incorporated European research on prevention of ankle and knee injuries via balance training.
Traditional cardiovascular, weight and flexibility training do not constitute an adequate foundation for fitness. The components of high-level fitness include agility, balance, coordination, endurance, flexibility, strength, power, and speed . These all need to be considered as building blocks for enhanced sport-specific performance or injury prevention.
Principles from Tai Chi, Yoga, and Pilates are incorporated into L.A. Sports and Spine's unique, cutting edge, functional-core workouts. Our goal is to improve the quality of your workout. Increasing your resistance or repetitions without assurance of underlying balance and "core" stability will not achieve the goal of enhanced performance or injury prevention. Once you have recovered from your injury or pain our preventive emphasis on supervised functional training workouts can give you the fitness edge you are looking for.